News & Workshops
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 29!
I invite you to tailor the workshop series to your needs and resources. This fluid á la carte structure served last fall’s healing circle well when we journeyed through the African Kontomble Medicine Wheel.
The core group of students loved sharing their journey, and others benefited from the healing potential of each circle and ritual. From my point of view, I’d rather share some of the medicine than none at all. Like the Energy Salons, the circle is revitalized by a new blend of energies each week.
This fall’s healing circle awaits!
We are more like trees than we know! To be fully alive and thrive is to couple our indispensable grounding cord to the earth with our simultaneous impulse to grow upward to the sun. All living beings share this orientation, but trees more than any other palpably live it.
- We will forge a path back to our magnificent intrinsic harmony by formalizing our apprenticeship with trees, our familiar yet ancient and sacred teachers.
- We will explore the wonder and transformative healing power of the Creative Cycle that trees embody with ease and grandeur and that Medical Qigong translates so succinctly.
- We will investigate our less glamorous and rather slithery alchemical allies and energy powerhouses: our organs. Similar to chakras, organs are nothing less than Love’s powerful generators that synchronize the seasons, elements, and a plethora of other experiential and spiritual building blocks of living and thriving as a spirit in a human incarnation.
- We will orient our self to this rhythm to harness and integrate the energy for the winter solstice. It is my aim to help us all align with this rhythm and establish a solid internal foundation throughout the winter (the prescient incubation cycle) so we can step into our sacred tree power to launch our annual cycle in the spring.
Join us to decode the power of this cycle and integrate its wisdom into your self-Reiki and Reiki practice.
Energy Orb 1: October 29: Liver and Gallbladder
Energy Orb 2: November 5: Heart, Duodenum, and Small Intestine
Energy Orb 3: November 12: Spleen, Pancreas, and Stomach
Energy Orb 4: November 19: Lung and Colon
Energy Orb 5: November 26: Kidneys, Bladder, Brain, and Reproductive Organs
You can register for the whole series or choose as many morning-only sessions or day sessions (morning & afternoon) as you’d like.
Morning Session, 10 am to 1 pm:
Intro to Energy Orbs 1 through 5 in sequence. I will also lead a meditation and initiate a healing circle focused on the energy orb of the day.
Afternoon Session, 2 pm to 5 pm:
Supervised Reiki practice on students applying the principles introduced in the morning.
- If you already have your Level 1, this can serve as your Reiki Level 2. I will do attunements based on registration and fulfill the Canadian Reiki Association requirements.
- If you already have your Level 2 with me specifically, and you have completed your Canadian Reiki Association practicum requirements, this can serve as your Level 3. Again, I will attune based on registration and fulfill the mandate of the Canadian Reiki Association.
- If you have not completed your Level 2 practicum, you can apply the afternoon supervised Reiki sessions toward part of your practicum.
Eight Branches Academy
1173 Davenport Rd
Toronto, ON M6H 2G6
Join Dany Lyne to study Reiki as taught by Dr. Usui and the tools Lyne uses to support her intuition, connection to Universal Love and the self-healing potential we wish to awaken in ourselves, family, friends and clients. The programs are designed to support budding Reiki practitioners as well as yoga teachers, naturopaths, osteopaths, RMTs and other healthcare professionals who wish to include aspects of Dany Lyne’s unique approach into their practice. Each workshop is also a healing ritual, presenting the student with the opportunity to identify and release blockages. Each can be approached as a personal initiatory journey, bringing light and love to a wounded self. The atmosphere is charged with the potential for growth, transcendence and transformation.
Friday, May 19, 2017
Deposit: $100.00 (non-refundable or transferrable)
Saturday, May 20 to Monday, May 22, 2017
Deposit: $300.00 (non-refundable or transferable)
Time: 10 a.m to 5 p.m
Location: Eight Branches
358 Dupont Street Toronto
Join Andréa Tyniec’s musical and meditative journey exploring forgiveness as an active and vibrant daily practice. Her artistic and spiritual investigation is based on Desmond Tutu’s The Book of Forgiving, in which he presents a surprisingly accessible and oh so wise and compassionate fourfold path for healing ourselves and our world. Andréa will be playing solo violin works by J.S. Bach, E. Ysaÿe and Canadian composer Ana Sokolović. Immerse your cells and heart in the depth of her sound and passion as well as Desmond Tutu’s generous guidance and inspiration.
Sat, 26 November 2016
7:30 PM – 8:45 PM
Eight Branches Academy of Eastern Medicine
358 Dupont St.
“I love good music, and I love good interpretations. Do you know what I mean? Performances and performers that take risks, that make your world turn on itself because they changed the colour of one note.”
— Andréa Tyniec
Violinist Andréa Tyniec has created a versatile performance career as a soloist and as a collaborator with dance and theatre; and is recognized as a promoter of contemporary music, particularly of Canadian new works. Acclaimed for her “exceptional musicality and intensity” (La Presse), she has performed as a soloist internationally and across Canada with orchestras such as the Niagara Symphony led by Bradley Thatchuk, l’Orchestre de la Francophonie Canadienne led by Jean-Philippe Tremblay, l’Orchestre Métropolitain de Montréal led by Yannick Nézet-Séguin, the Calgary Symphony led by Eric Paetkau, the Münchener Kammerorchester (Germany), I Virtuosi Italiani (Italy), and the Akbank Chamber Orchestra led my Cem Mansur (Turkey). Andréa premiered and recorded André Ristic’s violin Concerto with the Ensemble Contemporain de Montréal+, led by Véronique Lacroix (ATMA), and toured Canada with the ECM+ to premiere Alec Hall’s violin concerto.
Andréa released her “simply stunning” (Wholenote) recording of the Six Sonatas for Solo Violin by Eugène Ysaÿe in 2015. She plays on the Baumgartner Stradivari (1689), a loan by the Musical Instrument Bank of the Canada Council for the arts.